Monday, May 24, 2010

"Oh, Oh, Oh, It's Magic..."

I don't know if there is some mystical reason for it (because I never think to check my horoscope), but for some reason, May has always been a magical month for me...at least as far as relationships go. Good things always happen in May.

I found myself thinking about this on my way into work today, probably trying to cheer myself up about the start of another work week, when it hit me that I'd really like to write about this and other superstitions. I tend to be a bit superstitious, but I think that all people are in one way or another. For example, I have a lucky shirt. Why is it lucky? Because, I get lucky (or at least meet a new and interesting guy who I then start dating) every time I wear it. I fully believe this shirt is the root of all of my superpowers (just go with it)...and when I wear it in May, I am invincible! (Ok, maybe not invincible, but really good stuff does happen.)

I first noticed my May magic thirteen years ago. That's when I was dating "The Lizard King" (no, not Jim Morrison, but someone with an equally deep soul and eyes you could get lost in forever). Actually, now that I think about it, the fact that I reconnected with this person last week may be the reason that May magic is on my mind. He was my first love and my first, well, you know. He was also the first guy to scare me...not that it was his fault at all. Our first time, the condom broke. We got a new one and kept going. I wasn't freaked out until afterwards...when I thought about it...and then my monthly rude guest was late. I was scared beyond belief! It finally came 2 weeks late, but still coming off of the panic, I broke up with him. I have absolutely no idea why that seemed like a good idea at the time. I think that on some level I was afraid that would happen again, even though he had never pushed me into it and he kept asking if I was sure because he was concerned about it being my first time and all. Even love was not immune to my committment issues back then. Luckily, we did eventually get back together. We were together off and on for two years. Guess who kept getting scared and causing the "off" times. And, guess who eventually ended it altogether...although I will say that it was for good reason, even though I did still love him with all my heart...at least I think it was for good reason. Anyway...

Now, I could go through a description of every guy I've ever been with and tell about how all of the really good things happened in May, but you might just get angry at me for that. So, I'll reduce it to a top 10 list...well, top 10 list of everyone but "The Lizard King"...and in no particular order other than what comes to mind first:

1. "The Hobbit" - met him in May, started dating him in May, really really amazing sex starting in May...really a shame it took me a few years to realize that he was a major douche and that it would all be downhill from there
2. "The Priest" - (not really a priest) met him at the very end of May, he eventually proposed, it didn't work out though...all good though
3. "Efo Ha'Zayin? Ha Zayin Yarad" - (if you understand that, feel free to laugh) another one that started in May
4. "The Frat Boy" - second guy I slept with, really nice guy, led to an entire year of awesome fuck buddiness
5. "We Are..." - (can you guess where he went to school?) a simple date to a carnival in May led to years of messing around and then becoming fuck buddies...I was his "first" (and taught him well) and he became my favorite rebound guy
6. "Maryland ___" - (I'll leave out his actual name, but I'm just too lazy to think of a new nickname for a guy I've called this for ten years) first met and messed around in May, which led to him being my favorite fuck buddy ever!!!!! (Damn that guy was good!!!!)

Ya know, I think I'm going to cut the list off here. Screw ten! I'm getting bored with the trip down memory lane and I'm sure I put you all to sleep already. WAKE UP!!!!

Back to the point...I have no idea why May seems magical to me. I don't know if it's the return to summer or if I just end up in a much better mood, but for some reason, May is lucky for me...when it comes to relationships and sex. Now, I'm interested in hearing about other people's superstitions and lucky things.

Questions
-Is there a certain time, place, thing, etc. that you find lucky? Please tell the juicy details!
-Is there a certain time, place, thing, etc. that you find unlucky? Why?
-Do you think superstitions are just self-fulfilling prophecy or actual magic?


Hoping for May showers,
Evil Temptress

No comments:

Post a Comment